Mix 1 cup of plain kefir with a pinch of ground red pepper, add 0.5 teaspoon of cinnamon and 0.5 teaspoon of chopped ginger.
Is it possible to “cheat” while following the Sadkhin diet? It all depends on what you mean by cheating. The diet part of the Sadkhin complex has to be rigorously followed in order to achieve fast and lasting results. However, there may be situations when you simply cannot eat what you should based on your Sadkhin diet schedule. If you are attending a public event or a family party available meal options will most likely not be conducive to weight loss. Sure, sometimes it is possible to bring some food with you and eat it discretely. But it would be highly offensive to show up with a packed dinner at a wedding. So, what are you supposed to do?
Your absolute best option would be to eat some salad without any dressing (most definitely avoid vinegar and sugar-based dressings). You will be able to find salads on most menus. Cucumbers, kale, cabbage, broccoli and all kinds of leafy green vegetables are always your best bet. If you plan on having a main course choose fish (just try not to eat a piece larger than the palm of your hand). Other types of seafood are also OK. It is best if these dishes are grilled or steamed. Avoid breaded and fried items. If there are no good menu options and you are still feeling quite hungry look for a boiled egg at the salad bar. One hard boiled egg per week is fine even if you are not trying to find something suitable at a party.
Of course, you would like to know if you will be able to toast to the occasion. Well, perhaps if you opt for red dry wine. Best of all, mix it with water. Nobody will suspect that you are on a diet! Why does it have to be dry wine? It is the kind of wine in which there is no sugar residue. Sugar is something to be definitely avoided as much as possible even by those who are not on the Sadkhin diet. This also means that there should be no sweet dessert for you. Sorry!
We’ve had some new people signing up and I thought we could all put it what worked for us in the first cycle. I know for me, those first 3 days were the hardest…then, when I made it to the 4th day, I wasn’t hungry anymore but I was tired. It was in the second cycle that I finally lost my hunger AND had more energy. Between losing TONS of weight and not being hungry anymore, I was really home free by the second cycle. So here are some tips I have accumulated from Dr. Nash, others who have been successful and my own experience.
1. DRINK! Drink a ton of water. Warm water with lemon, tea with honey, ice cold water with lemon, etc. It gives you something to do with your hands at night and it fills you up and helps flush the fat right on out of you.
2. Go to bed early. The first few days seemed to last forever for me. I was detoxing and had cravings and actual hunger pangs. I’d put my kids to sleep and then get myself into bed by 9:30-10:00. Why ruin a good day by eating at night? If you go to sleep early you finish your perfect day and get the benefit of more sleep.
3. RUB, RUB, RUB, those beads! I know we all forget sometimes, but RUB THEM! If you don’t signal to your body that it’s ok to lose the weight, it will go into starvation mode and you will STOP LOSING WEIGHT! Have I scared you enough? Rub those beads every two hours and at the special times that Dr. Nash tells you to do it. You can’t over rub but you can under rub. Don’t forget to do it – it is integral to the program.
4. Don’t make plans in the first few weeks that center around food. Look, this isn’t a great option, but you have the rest of your life to have lunches, and dinners with friends. Take a sabbatical from that for a few weeks or months and get your body in order. Meals are NOT about the food, they are about the people. Is it better to go to dinner with your best girl friends and eat what you want in stretchy black pants or go to a cocktail party in a few weeks wearing a slinky black dress in a size 6? Your friends will understand. Recruit them to help you! Go for a walk instead for dinner!
5. Get a buddy! Members of my family are doing this with me and I can’t tell you who wonderful it is to have a support system in them. We call each other to share recipes, to celebrate our weightloss and to plan the inevitable meals out together. We just had a holiday dinner where some of the food was compliant with the program. Everyone loved and enjoyed the roasted veggies…especially those of us on the program!
6. Come here and share with us. If you’re hungry go online and post about it. If you lost weight, come here and share your success. If you want to cheat – come here and I’ll stop you!!! Let’s support each other!
7. This should be number one, and two, and all of them…but DON’T CHEAT!!!! Do you hear me? DON’T CHEAT! Sorry to yell, but this is not like any other program you will ever be on. This is a chemical balance and a bite of this or a small piece of that will really impact your loss for that week. Let’s say it together – DON’T CHEAT!
Any other tips you’d like to share?