We’ve had some new people signing up and I thought we could all put it what worked for us in the first cycle. I know for me, those first 3 days were the hardest…then, when I made it to the 4th day, I wasn’t hungry anymore but I was tired. It was in the second cycle that I finally lost my hunger AND had more energy. Between losing TONS of weight and not being hungry anymore, I was really home free by the second cycle. So here are some tips I have accumulated from Dr. Nash, others who have been successful and my own experience.
1. DRINK! Drink a ton of water. Warm water with lemon, tea with honey, ice cold water with lemon, etc. It gives you something to do with your hands at night and it fills you up and helps flush the fat right on out of you.
2. Go to bed early. The first few days seemed to last forever for me. I was detoxing and had cravings and actual hunger pangs. I’d put my kids to sleep and then get myself into bed by 9:30-10:00. Why ruin a good day by eating at night? If you go to sleep early you finish your perfect day and get the benefit of more sleep.
3. RUB, RUB, RUB, those beads! I know we all forget sometimes, but RUB THEM! If you don’t signal to your body that it’s ok to lose the weight, it will go into starvation mode and you will STOP LOSING WEIGHT! Have I scared you enough? Rub those beads every two hours and at the special times that Dr. Nash tells you to do it. You can’t over rub but you can under rub. Don’t forget to do it – it is integral to the program.
4. Don’t make plans in the first few weeks that center around food. Look, this isn’t a great option, but you have the rest of your life to have lunches, and dinners with friends. Take a sabbatical from that for a few weeks or months and get your body in order. Meals are NOT about the food, they are about the people. Is it better to go to dinner with your best girl friends and eat what you want in stretchy black pants or go to a cocktail party in a few weeks wearing a slinky black dress in a size 6? Your friends will understand. Recruit them to help you! Go for a walk instead for dinner!
5. Get a buddy! Members of my family are doing this with me and I can’t tell you who wonderful it is to have a support system in them. We call each other to share recipes, to celebrate our weightloss and to plan the inevitable meals out together. We just had a holiday dinner where some of the food was compliant with the program. Everyone loved and enjoyed the roasted veggies…especially those of us on the program!
6. Come here and share with us. If you’re hungry go online and post about it. If you lost weight, come here and share your success. If you want to cheat – come here and I’ll stop you!!! Let’s support each other!
7. This should be number one, and two, and all of them…but DON’T CHEAT!!!! Do you hear me? DON’T CHEAT! Sorry to yell, but this is not like any other program you will ever be on. This is a chemical balance and a bite of this or a small piece of that will really impact your loss for that week. Let’s say it together – DON’T CHEAT!
Any other tips you’d like to share?